Other Practice Areas – Juvenile, TPO, Asset Forfeiture and Wills

There are areas of the law that do not fall neatly under the category of “criminal defense” or “family law,” but which are often necessary when one is experiencing criminal or family law issues.

Deal Law Firm offers legal assistance to clients who are facing:
Civil Asset Forfeiture related to a violation of the Georgia criminal code;
Juvenile Delinquency Charges in juvenile court;
Temporary Protective Orders and Stalking Orders, whether you are trying to obtain one or trying to defend yourself against one that has been obtained against you;
Expungements and Restoration of Civil Rights for those who have overcome a criminal conviction in their past; and
WillsPower of Attorney, and Medical Power of Attorney/Advance Directives, especially for those facing incarceration or abandonment of their spouses.

In the areas of civil asset forfeiture, juvenile delinquency, temporary protective orders (TPOs), and stalking orders, there are very short windows of opportunity. If you are served with notice regarding any of these issues, you must act immediately to protect your rights, and your child’s rights. TPOs and stalking orders, in particular, are civil orders which can easily become criminal, and they can lead to your arrest and loss of your property.

Similarly, if you have been ever been convicted of a felony, including a drug conviction, or if there is an error in your criminal history, your possession of a firearm can lead to serious charges and the possibility of incarceration. If you have a felony in your criminal history, but you completed your sentence and have not been re-arrested for some time, you can ask the Court to restore your civil rights — including your right to own and possess a gun. Otherwise, even if you are only hunting or keeping family heirloom weapons, you can be charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Deal Law Firm believes that every adult needs a will. If you have been separated, but not legally divorced, from your spouse, and you do not have documentation of your wishes, your spouse could be placed in a position of making your medical and financial decisions for you, and in the event of your death, your spouse could inherit your property, including family heirlooms. If you have children, you can use your will to direct the courts who you wish to raise them, in the event that both parents die while your children are still minors; this is called a “testamentary guardian.”

If you are interested in one of these services, in connection with another criminal or family law matter, or independently, contact us today.

    Your Name (required)

    Your Phone-number (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Best way to reach you


    Briefly describe your case

    Please click here to prove you are human to cut down on spam.